Sunday, August 31, 2008

Subway Zion


My Day...

Gospel music on the subway on my way to breakfast. Not your ordinary preaching either, it was a group of strangers singing about  Zion and telling me I was beautiful. Though organized religion is something I am not a part of, it made me happy knowing that there are people out there that can come together as strangers and sing.

Ice cream with spicy peppers in it listening to 4 old street musicians sing Sam Cook in SOHO. 

A trip to Central Park with my friend Megan, drinking beer under a walnut tree watching strangers take boring pictures that they will cherish for a lifetime. 

Four glasses of wine at a fancy restaurant and a millions laughs in between.

A walk home to my apartment where I found the streets so densely covered in ganja smoke I couldn't help but wonder how this was legal. For those of you that don't know, it is the West Indian day parade in a few hours. People are pumped, to say the least. 


Anyway, New York is amazing, and you should live here (This means you Caitlin, Kandiss, and Kristin)

-a