Monday, December 14, 2009



I remember first seeing Leslie Hewitt's work at the 2008 Whitney Biennial (instillation shot above.) I honestly can't remember my first reaction when seeing this work, but it was the only work in the Biennial I came back to see again. There is something incredibly chalenging about Make it Plain that had me coming back to revisit the intillation.



Riffs on Real time, featured above can be seen at the New Photography 2009 exhibition at MOMA.

Hewitt studied at the Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, the Yale University School of Art, and at New York University, where she was a Clark Fellow in the Africana and Visual Culture Studies program.

© Leslie Hewitt, Make it Plain
© Leslie Hewitt, from Riffs on Real Time
© Leslie Hewitt, from Riffs on Real Time