Monday, October 6, 2008

Eight Train rides later...

Cold Saturdays spent by myself doing what I do best.


Above: Photographs by Alessandra Sanguinetti.

Sanguinetti is one of my favorite photographers. I went to her exhibit expecting to see older work, and was shocked when I saw the girls above had grown into adults. She has photographed these two cousins, Guille and Belinda, for the last four years.

I'm especially interested in stories of changing relationships and Sanguinetti's delicate way of photographing these two left me in the 20 x 20 gallery for over an hour.




Photographs above by Joshua Lutz.

Some more beauties I came a cross at Clampart


Photograph above my Susan Meiselas

I spent over 3 hours looking at her work. Her work documenting Nicaragua is outstanding, and though I think that International Center of Photography could have done a better job presenting the exhibition, the video's and the photographs are incredibly moving.